Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Privus Mobile - try before you buy

Caller ID


Privus Mobile is a nifty new program for Windows Mobile and RIM phones that gives you a more traditional caller ID experience. Instead of just seeing the names of people already in your phone book it gives you the name associated with any number calling.
Or at least, it's supposed to. I downloaded the app on my AT&T Pantech Duo phone and had a few people call me from random phones that were not already in my phone book. Just like any other time, all I saw was the phone number calling. Fellow Download Squadder Christina Warren added the software to her phone and also didn't have any luck knowing it was me when I called her.
You can download the free three day trial or pay $24.95 for three months of service. If you're interested in this bit of technology, I'd definitely try it before signing up for the paid service. And have lots of people call you to see how it works for you. Maybe you will be more lucky than I was.
You could just do what I do. Answer calls from your friends and anyone local. Ignore the rest!

[ Via: Download Squad ]
[ Tag: ]

No comments: